Welcome to the COSA website
COSA 2016 Conference registration now open!
You can now register for the COSA 2016 Conference here - http://sirsidynix-cosa2016.eventbrite.com.
Early Bird registration price is available up until August 31.
Conference Dates –
Pre-conference training – Monday Oct 10, Tuesday Oct 11
Conference – Wed Oct 12, Thu Oct 13
Novotel Geelong, 10-14 Eastern Beach, Geelong, Vic. 3220
The conference program is still being developed and will be posted as soon as available, replacing the draft information below.
We hope to see you at the conference!
The program is still being developed so we have put together some notes on the sessions we know will be offered so that you have some idea of content. The committee hopes to have the program finalised before the end of July.
This year we have a keynote speaker; Patti Manolis, CEO of Geelong Regional Library who will speak after the welcome messages on Wednesday morning.
SirsiDynix presentations will include:
- Product updates focussing on BLUEcloud development including BC Visibility, BC Campus, BC Lists, BC Acquisitions, BC Circulation.
- Sessions on new features and functions for our core Symphony and Horizon, what is going to be released and when over the next 12 months, what is being worked on longer term.
- Updates on what’s new in the Support Portal and new consulting and training services.
Confirmed presentations submitted from your colleagues:
- BLUEcloud Analytics in use (panel with Swift and others)
- Update on Portfolio and OAI-PMH (AIATSIS)
- HTML notices (Talis - API required)
- Stackmap widget, QR codes & book discovery (Parramatta)
- Migration into a consortium (panel with Swift and others)
- Setting up an Anytime Library (unattended book vending machine), the first in Australia (Rockhampton)
- SAPLN three years on (SAPLN)
- Proscribe integration (Casey/Swift)
There is still room for more of your input – please contact Lloyd Brady and Nathan Turner with any suggestions or offers. We are especially looking for anyone who would be prepared to contribute as a panellist for BC Analytics use and migration into consortia sessions.
- Symphony System Administration refresher
- BC Central, BC Cataloguing, BC Circulation
- Web Services Workshop
- Advanced Enterprise Development
- API Advanced Report Writing
- BC Analytics – Basic and Advanced
- BC Analytics – Creating your own reports and custom metrics
- BC Analytics – Stump the Chump
- HIP Administration
Download the pre-conference training session timetable and details below.
COSA 2016 wants YOU!
Have you done something interesting in your library with your SirsiDynix software? Have you found a creative way around a problem, or tried something that worked really well? Have your patrons responded positively to a development in your library processes, your website or your catalogue? Do you have something else related to brag about? Then join us in Geelong this 12-13th October, so your peers can watch in awe as you tell us all about it!
The COSA Committee is looking for presentations from libraries using SirsiDynix products, but remember: you don't have to present by yourself. Think you can't talk for a full session? Partner with another librarian/library or even a vendor you worked with on the project, and talk for half as long!
This year, we're also looking to hear from people who use BLUEcloud Analytics, import eBook bibs, send notices in html format- we have had requests for sessions on all these topics. Please let the Committee know if you are prepared to join in with any of these topics or something completely different, so we can plan the program.
The theme for COSA 2016 is 'Connect, Inform, Empower' - if this is something your library has done, then give us a call!